Whew ... I can't believe that we actually freaking made it! After a lovely 2.5 weeks with family/friends in UT (echo to Melissa on what we'll actually miss), we once again made the arduous trek across the nation to our little home. The boys didn't make a peep the whole way out and we're very proud of them - though much of the credit has to go to Creative and Sony. Our flight out of the Vegas was 45 minutes late of course, so we didn't actually walk into our door until 0300 EST, plus an extra half hour to get the boys to bed, shower, and collapse into our own bed. We've got some little stories from our trip to tell, but I don't have the energy right now to concentrate hard enough to actually tell them.

Good music has always been a great passion of mine and Natasha has been a good enough sport to indulge me. This trip gave me a little free time to fall in love with music again and explore some new avenues. I've added plenty of new content to the music stuff on the left, but here are a couple of special new finds for me:

1. Rivers Cuomo of Weezer recently released a solo album comprised of little songs he wrote here and there. If you follow Weezer (which I have from time to time), you'll recognize many of these songs as the phantom 'Album 4.5' that never got released because Weezer really pissed off their record company by putting the demos their website. This was one of the early battles in the ongoing war between entertainment consumers, producers, and executives over content distribution. I'd even venture to say that this release is a victory, though I'm not sure for whom. Anyway, see here for some flash player samples.

2. Hats off to my sister "Nielle" for pointing me in the direction of Ms. Ingrid Michaelson. You may have heard The Way I Am on the radio - the rest of the album is sincere and heartfelt enough to warrant a purchase as well.

3. Finally, yes I am listening to a lot of Billy Joel and Huey Lewis and the News lately. I know, I know ... but you have to admit that the music isn't half bad and the nostalgia value is through the roof.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad you guys got back alright. It feels good to be home- although it wasn't half bad being lazy shlubs in someone else's house. No cooking, cleaning, etc. Sorry we couldn't get together again. I really wanted to. I got super sick New years eve and was in bed for a couple days. Not cool. Thanks for the heads up on the music. We love weezer and that other artist is worth looking into. Thanks!

Sara said...

If you haven't already, try listening to Céline Dion's new English CD, "Taking Chances." The title track is one of my favorite Céline songs. period (check out the original by Platinum Weird--you'll like them). The album is just great, and she really steers away from the power-love-ballad. You'll like it.

Post a Comment