Time for another PhotoDen posting. I've posted a lot more of my stuff to the PhotoDen link and there's more to come. Please check it out so I didn't spend all that time for nothing. :) Today's photograph is from Smolensk, Russia where I served as a missionary in late 1999.
This is a picture of the Smolensk city wall overlooking part of the city itself. The wall was built to guard against an invasion by Napoleon (which happened in 1812: the Battle of Smolensk). It used to surround the entire city, but now has been reduced to rubble except in a few spots. It's amazing that it held up so well actually because the wall was built and held together using dried egg yolk.
Looking from this angle, you can almost see the troops around the wall. That's what I was shooting for when I Photoshopped this image - a feeling of antiquity. Anyway, enjoy.
























0 comments:
Post a Comment