Howdy howdy,
Well, I've got a few minutes, so I guess I'll give a little update on how we're doing here. I keep debating whether or not to use the blog as a forum for my stupid ideas about politics/international intrigue/philosophy, but I think I'll try to keep away from that here for the time being. Maybe one day I'll make another ranting blog or something. We'll see. For now I'd like to keep this space open just for updates on us.
Well, the Batleri are doing well here. As you can see in this picture, Jonathan is growing up way too quickly. He has now begun to identify certain sounds as being related to certain things. It's just a matter of time now before he can talk back :) I guess he does in his own way already. He's also started to climb on things, which has made baby-proofing just another level of difficult. All the mischief though is made up for with how fun it has become to play with him. He has developed the most intoxicating little laugh ...
Natasha just turned 30, an event which I refrain from commenting on other than to say that time goes by fast. Lately the passing of the 5-year anniversary of September 11 has really got me thinking about how much my life has changed because of it and also how quickly these years seem to fly by. I've even gone back and read some mission journals. I'm not looking much older, but I've learned a thing or two.
We went to the National Cathedral in DC the other day. It really is a beautiful building and has a good peaceful feeling in it. I used to go during lunch to the St. Matthews Cathedral in DC when I worked in town. It was always nice to just sit there in the quiet and think (though for some reason it seemed that they were perpetually vacuuming the place). Of course, the feeling is very different from an LDS temple, but it was nice to be able to just walk in without a 2-3 hour commitment. Anyway, we've got some great pictures of the Cathedral up on the PhotoDen that you can check out. I think I'll stop bantering now. Until next time kids.

0 comments:

Post a Comment