Mike:
Me again. I've decided to also use the site here to put out some of my best photography, which has always been sort of a hidden hobby of mine. Though I'm certainly no professional photographer, I have had the chance to be in the right place at the right time for some pretty good shots. Of course, most of my good stuff is from DC or from Russia just because there is more stimulus to take pictures there. So every once in a while (probably pretty often), I'll post to the blog a good photo and briefly describe what it is and how I took it. I should note that I do occassionally use Photoshop to enhance the photo quality (while walking the thin line of maintaining the integrity of the pictures). I'll try to always mention whether or not I used it on each individual picture when I post
I've also included a link to my Yahoo! Photos spot where I keep all of my favorite shots, which are categorized by location. The link is just below the one that leads to our family pictures Yahoo! link.
I guess I'll start with this shot from Washington DC. This is a shot from the Vietnam War Memorial facing towards the Washington Monument.

For those of who have never been to DC, the Vietnam Memorial is simply two long black walls with all of the names of KIAs from the war chisled into them in white. I took this picture from the very corner of those two walls in November 2005. Big Mac was in town visiting and he and I went downtown at about 9:00pm and took this. Though it was taken at night, the lighting of the picture are strange because of the longer exposure time I used.

0 comments:

Post a Comment