A few days back we had the chance to watch the Flagship Brig Niagara leave port en route for Toronto. The short version of the history lesson here is that this ship was built to help regain control of the Great Lakes region from the British during the War of 1812. Her big claim to fame is a significant role in the Battle of Lake Erie, September 10, 1813. 100 years later, her remains were recovered and she was reconstructed. Now, nearly 100 years after that, the Niagara is currently maintained and sailed by the state of Pennsylvania.
Anyway, we got some pretty nice footage of it leaving and I had a pretty cool idea to try with the video post for this one. Seriously, enjoy - this one is actually a lot more work than the 10-15 minutes I usually put into these. Oh, and you'll probably need a pirate dictionary for the full effect:
Yeah, don't take this too seriously. I know that I've mixed several historical periods as well as musical and film styles. But that's part of the whole experience, right?
























1 comments:
Yar, ye scallywag, I say tha' were a successful experiment. Yarrrrrr.
Post a Comment