I thought I'd make a little video for Matt before he makes the shift from Babydom into Toddlerhood - he'll likely be crawling within the next week or so. He just might be one of the most mild-mannered babies on planet Earth right now - like Clark Kent, only blonde and shorter.




Also, here's funny story for you to chew on. So today we went to the car wash. You know the kind, the "spotless" ones that you just drive into and then the machines blast your car with every stupid spraying mechanism that the engineers could think of. You can just see these guys sitting in a lab with a bunch of fire hoses and Hot Wheels wondering how to actually split the atoms that make up the dirt specks hiding behind the left headlamp.
Anyway, Jon has always been a little apprehensive about these things and so somebody usually holds his hand while we do it. Lately, however, he's been a little braver and has been handling it fine himself. Until today ...
... when the heavy blasters kicked and Matt FREAKED OUT! You can imagine, I suppose, a sensitive little baby in a dark car suddenly being bombarded by heavy noises. But Matt screaming set Jon off too and within the matter of a single second we went from quietly listening to the radio to two hysterical little boys screaming bloody murder. It actually really reminded me a lot of this scene from Jurassic Park. I guess in their minds, it might as well have been a T-Rex.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Super cute! It's so funny to look at them and see Jon with his dark brown hair/eyes and see Matt as Aryan as ever, and yet, you can still totally tell they're brothers. Again, just so darn super cute!

Anonymous said...

I agree, Mike & Natasha your kids are good lookin'

Melissa said...

What a smiley boy! That is the cutest! He is growing up so fast! And I love the car wash story- we have one in town that even scares me so I don't want to take the boys. Did I ever tell you about the time I went and the doors shut me in!! I don't have good luck with car washes.

Post a Comment