And we're back after a couple weeks out of the blogging scene. Luckily we've got a pretty good hook ... our trip this weekend to Toronto! My parents came out to see us for a few days and we all decided that we'd take a little trip north of the border to see Canada's biggest city.
Only two comments on the trip there. First, it sure feels like you're going faster when the speedometer reads 120 instead 70. I'd forgotten how much sense the metric system really makes. Second, noted a complete and total lack of driving manners. I'm not totally sure if they're that rude to everyone or just the drivers with Virginia or other US plates, but it was pretty stinking bad.
Once we got there, we unfortunately didn't have too much time out there so we only got to do a few things. First, Natasha and I took a little night trip downtown to get a feel for the very active nightlife. The night sights and the restaurants were lots of fun though we had to endure 30 minutes of looking for decent parking; I guess the parking lot companies there feel they deserve a lot of money for their spots (cough cough NYC inferiority complex cough cough).
The next day, we went down and saw the CN Tower, formerly the tallest standing structure on the planet. It was pretty cool - when you get up close to it, it's tough to really keep it in perspective with the rest of the city.
Finally, we stopped by the Lake Ontario harbor along Queens Quay, which had some pretty cool old boats and a nice little shopping center, where according to family tradition we picked up our 'Toronto' refrigerator magnet. This is the first time we opted for a nice small magnet because the fridge is starting to get a little full already ... and we've still got a lot of traveling to do.


6 comments:

Sara said...

Woohoo--vacay! It looks really cold there still, but like a lot of fun, too. It's so nice that your family comes to see you guys. You guys are going to have tons of great memories of traveling all over, and most importantly, with your family :)

Sara said...

P.S. My old blog URL is a junk site now that the URL came up for grabs. My new site is www.raisingeben.blogspot.com

Melissa Butler said...

Hey Mike and Natasha, we finally have internet so i was able to explore your blog...very cool. All your little adventures sound fun.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad to hear that you went to Toronto! I added this thing to my blog on the bottom that shows who has been to my blog (well at least where they are) and there was one from Toronto. I was worrying about who in the heck that was. I'm hoping it was you- if you didn't look at our blog while you were in Toronto, then I guess I still have to worry, but I won't worry too much. I would go crazy. It looks like you guys had fun and what a cool tower!

Melissa said...

Oh dang, I wanted to get on first thing this morning to change it, but you beat me to it. No it's not real, it was a fools thing, but thanks for the congratulations anyway! It's good to know I have friends who will believe what I say. Now I'll get a different reaction when it is the real thing. Cool layout!! Way to go- I like the changes, it looks like a lot of work!

Sara said...

Love the new layout! :)

Post a Comment