My stat counter tells me that people are interested in Boy 2.0 (now recognized by the state of Virginia and the Social Security Administration as Matthew David) and our doings for the last few days - so here's the low-down.
We went to the hospital on Wednesday morning and after not too many hours of waiting, had another little boy without any big complications or problems. Natasha gave the epidural a try this time around and hence was in much better spirits throughout the whole ordeal - she even had the mood for a brownie only a couple of hours away from delivery.
Natasha and Matt enjoyed a couple of days in the hospital (where the staff, service, and meal menu were amazing by the way) and Jon and I got a make a few visits to see them.
They were finally released to come home today and so now we mostly sit quietly and try to let Baby and Mama sleep as much as possible.
So far Jon seems to be pretty happy with his little brother, though so far it seems to be the only thing on the planet that he isn't saying anything about it. The day after Matt was born, I was walking with Jon to go get the mail when I asked him what he thought about the whole new development. Instead of getting the normal half-sentences mixed in with gibberish that we usually get, he stopped, slowly turned to me, and shrugged his shoulders with a perplexed 'I don't know yet' look on his face. He immediately seemed much older in my eyes and has ever since.
Anyway, we are doing well and feel very blessed. Many thanks to all of you who have come to see us, helped out, or have just been there for us. Now here's those pictures everyone wants to see.
























2 comments:
Congrats Congrats!! That is so exciting. I'm so happy for you and I'm very happy that everything went well. Especially for Natasha. Josh had a very similar reaction like Jon. But he didn’t even want to look at Jacob. He always had this stunned look on his face as he stared into space like “What the heck is going on?” I guess we didn’t prepare him enough. He’ll adjust soon enough and will become an over-protective older brother (hopefully). He looks like the sweetest baby. The crazy thing I sent you was this crazy ebay auction. This lady was selling some pokemon cards that her son slipped into their cart. She was mad about it and wrote this HUGE letter explaining it. It was hilarious. She ended up selling them for over $140!! She has a blog too. mom2my6pack.blogspot.com. She has become this instant celebrity from it. Crazy world.
Congratulations! I haven't been to the blog for a few days. Tell Natasha and your boys how much we love all of you...
-The Baughmans
Post a Comment