That's where I am. You know how sometimes you're caught between one phase of your life which is ending soon and another that hasn't quite begun yet? In my case I'm stuck between my current job, which has all but phased me out of any intelligible work, and grad school, which is pretty much all ready to go, but won't start until late August.
Well, if you've experienced this, you know that you can only really stay sane in this state for a couple of weeks max. The problem is that I've been here since late May and I fear that total and utter madness is just around the corner. I mean you try sitting here for eight hours everyday with almost nothing to do. You actually start remembering poetry (Christopher Walken's reading is worth a listen by the way) from long-past English classes:

"Desolate yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted-
On this home by horror haunted- tell me truly, I implore-
Is there- is there balm in Gilead?- tell me- tell me, I implore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."
...
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!"
Well, at least it's a short work week, huh? :) Check back later for some yummy Fourth of July video.

0 comments:

Post a Comment