Well, another two months passed. The number for the day is the number 'two.' Jon is just two months shy of 2 years, we spent two weekends in Utah, we now have two bathrooms, we'll soon have two children, and we've finally got a plan for the next two years.
Jon is really starting to act like a two year old. More and more words are starting to squeak out (among them the number 'two') , and he moves faster than we do. It's really amazing how fast these two years have gone by.
Two weeks in Utah: We recently went out to Utah to see my family again. My brother's wife just had a little boy (Ethan) that we had to see. It was a nice trip and it's always great to spend time with everyone over there. It's also always great to come back to our own home here - funny how you really do appreciate what's yours when you leave it behind for a while.
Two bathrooms: We moved into a new place about a month ago, a little farther away from DC (not much though) in Fairfax, VA. It's a great little place: nestled away in a wooded area, closer to good shopping, closer to my work, a lot bigger. We feel a lot more at home here and it's really improved our spirits.
Two children: The new baby isn't new news, but the due date is. August 26th.
Two year plan: I was recently accepted in the grad school that I've really been gunning for. That means that we'll be moving to Erie, PA in early September and that we'll be there for a little over a year. Because of the program I got into, it also means that we'll likely be returning to DC after that's done for work and that DC will likely become our permanent home (though anything's possible I guess). I'm really thankful for the two years we've spent out here. Even though it's had it's big ups and big downs, we've really learned a lot. Most of all, I've learned a ton about myself: what kind of a person I am, what I love, and what I want to become.
So, there's my two bits: we're doing well now - we're excited for the future and what it will bring us. Keep in touch.
























1 comments:
Congrats on everything you guys! I can hardly believe that Jon Jon is almost 2!!! Where has the time gone! I'm glad I'll be able to catch up with you before you leave for PA in September. What an opportunity! Best of luck!
Post a Comment