It's true what they say about second children doing everything earlier because they have the example of their older siblings. At only one and a half, Matt has started to utter his first words, including koko (Russian for milk), up, hi, and kaki (some weird mixture of language that we think means 'to want'). We wanted to catch some of the leap into speech with this little video and also see what sounds he and Jon are capable of making at this point. You'll see him make his first 'F' noise as well as some typical Jon goofiness. If you feel so inclined, also check out the blooper reel at the end.

Pardon my French, but this is one of cutest damn videos on this blog yet.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I agree: one of the cutest videos. And not just on this blog, but ever :)

I love how you said "hand" and Matt showed you his hand. And how Jon said "alabasher." So stinking cute! How can you not explode from being around so much cuteness? :)

Can Jon pretty much distinguish between Russian and English now, or does he do combinations of the two?

Batler said...

It's tough to not explode, but they temper it a little with their occasional shenanigans, like today when they completely and utterly destroyed Jon's bedroom.
I think Jon knows the difference between the two languages now. There is a little hesitation before he says a Russian word to me or vice versa for Natash. It's not perfectly clean yet, but getting there.

Melissa said...

Oh man that was very entertaining. I wish my kids would cooperate like that when I want. I LOVE the blooper real- A book and superman. And that you are a circle- why would he say that? They sure are the cutest boys and smartest- learning Russian too- very impressive. And excellent film and editing skillz. Nice

Post a Comment