I guess I should provide some sort of explanation of the last post (though I still seriously doubt that anyone is actually reading this thing). We've had sort of a rollercoaster period for the last few months which has had us reeling. First, we were expecting a job opportunity to work out, then it didn't, then we all got sick, then my job became a little more stressful, then we all got sick again, then we had insurance problems and bills, then we got our car towed, then we got in a car wreck, and ... well I guess that's all I can remember, but it hasn't been fun.
A couple of good things did happen though. My parents came out to see us in November, which was really nice. We got to take them to the Air Force Memorial and Natasha and I went to the Dashboard Confessional concert, which was really cool. Thanksgiving was sort of ruined because of bad news, but Christmas was nice. We just stayed out here, had our first Christmas alone and opened presents with my family on Skype. On New Year's Day, we drove out to Delaware and saw the Atlantic Ocean. It was raining, but cool to see. The water wasn't as cold as I expected.
Jon has started to form some Russian and English words though they're still pretty jumbled. So far, he's got: "car" (big suprise), "koko" (for moloko - milk), "two" (the number and the noise that trains make), and of course "mama" and "dada."
Our other three big pieces of news (that I'm telling to nobody):
1. Looks like I am seriously considering grad school. I didn't think it was necessary, but it may give us some advantages that we want. We'd like to get out of the DC area for a little while, build up some education, and then be able to come back with a little more force next time. DC has been really cool, but the standard of living has really kicked our butts.
2. Natasha is pregnant with our second baby. That doesn't need too much explanation, other than to say that the due date is in August. I think it's a girl, but we'll see.
We're excited to go out to Utah soon because my brother and his wife will have their baby soon and it'll be nice to have a little vacation for us.
3. We found a new place that is a little nicer and fits our needs really well. If you want the new address (again, who am I telling anyway?), feel free to email/call us.
And that's it. Be good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment