Well, another month or two gone by and we’ve had our share of little adventures. This post goes in conjunction with the October album of Our Pictures, so make sure to check that out for a little more context. Our first adventure is our recent trip to the brand-spanking new Air Force Memorial in Alexandria, VA. We missed the actual dedication ceremony but got there while they were cleaning up the trash afterwards :) Although the site is a little Spartan, they did a great job with the Memorial itself. It’s inspiring and the view of the Pentagon and Arlington Cemetery is great. A couple of the scenery pictures will soon be in PhotoDen, so check them out there.
Next, over the weekend we had the chance to go the National Zoo. We didn’t have much time so we just stopped by the big cats (big surprise with Natasha) and the reptiles. I think Jon’s still a little young for it because he wasn’t interested in anything that wasn’t moving. He did love the swimming turtles. When he gets a little older, we’ll stop by and see those pandas that everyone won’t shut up about. 
And finally, Halloween! We found a great little monkey costume at Old Navy, so Jon went as Curious George this year. We thought it was only natural that I complete the ensemble, and so we spray painted a thrift-store hat yellow and I went as the Man with the Yellow Hat. Natasha was a (rather sexy) witch. We had our ward Halloween party last Friday and then we went to the Fair Oaks Mall trick-or-treating on the 31st. There are more pictures of Jon in his costume in the Our Pictures section. It’s amazing how Halloween (and most of the holidays) becomes real fun again as you have children. I haven’t felt this excited about trick-or-treating and costumes since I was a child. Maybe having and being around your child helps adults take themselves a little less seriously and sometimes go ahead and act … like children.
Well, we’re gonna take a quick break now. But we’ve got pretty exciting month coming up, so stay tuned …
























1 comments:
Hey Mike and Fam. This is Tom I just checked out the blog and loved it. I will probably be a monthly visitor. I also like the idea of posting old mission pictures and such I just might end up doing that with mine. Anywho you can check mine out at tomlittle.wordpress.com
С Любовю
Post a Comment